Benguela Cove is the perfect venue for your special day, offering a beautiful and romantic setting for your wedding. With stunning views of the lagoon and mountains, Benguela Cove provides a unique and unforgettable experience for you and your guests. Best of all, they don’t charge any venue hire fees.
Situated at the start of the Walker Bay wine region between Cape Town and Hermanus, the winery spreads out over the longest stretch of ocean-facing vineyards at the lowest altitude. This prominent wine and lifestyle estate is deemed Walker Bay’s epitome of luxury in style.
The luxurious wine farm, Benguela Cove, spoils its guests with incredible views and stunning oceanfront locations ideal for photos that will create ever-lasting memories.
Benguela Cove is the perfect venue for your special day, offering a beautiful and romantic setting for your wedding. With stunning views of the lagoon and mountains, Benguela Cove provides a unique and unforgettable experience for you and your guests. Best of all, they don’t charge any venue hire fees, because they choose love over price.
With luxurious accommodation for up to 32 people in their four oceanside villas, the special guests of your unique wedding can enjoy the self-catering stay in the fully-equipped villas with modern kitchens, a pool and a braai. See here for more information about the luxurious accommodation.
Whatever your ideal wedding day may be, the venue has spaces with range enough to match your dream-day vision regardless of classic or contemporary.
The choice is yours
With a variety of daytime and evening wedding locations, Benguela Cove is considered one of the most versatile wedding venues. Whether you want to experience a romantic vineyard backdrop, a gorgeous ocean view on the beach, or a classic indoor wedding, Benguela Cove accommodates. The venues on offer are known as;
The Moody Lagoon Restaurant – is the biggest venue on the premises and can seat up to 180 guests.
The Barrel Room – is themed to match the vineyard and can seat up to 100 guests.
The Vinotheque – is considered a small and intimate dining experience that can seat up to 12 guests.
There is also a Braai and Beach-side event for a more laid-back experience in the great outdoors.
Resident Chef, Annie Badenhorst, will advise couples on menu selections and South African Wines. If the wedding couples have any dietary requirements such as halal or vegetarian, they can simply discuss it with the chef and plan accordingly.
Things to do on the estate
The venue boasts a variety of activities to entertain the guests. Some of the activities to consider when planning your wedding entail:
- Various wine tasting opportunities, along with a sabrage experience and boat trips out onto the lagoon whilst sipping and enjoying the wines of the estate. There is also a wine blending experience.
- Salsa dance nights are available for guests wanting to move their bodies to the entrancing rhythms of Spain.
- The Seafood and Oyster Bar is a popular and new attraction at the estate where guests can unwind in style.
- Guided tours are available for the cellar and the vineyard safari. There is also a pontoon cruise for those wanting to learn more about the surrounding waters.
- The Art of Living Exhibition is an art gallery with walls adorned with the works of famous and up-and-coming artists for guests to visit at their leisure.
- Pirate Adventure Golf Course and Splash Park. Enjoy a round of adventure golf at their 18-hole pirate-themed adventure golf course, or splash around in a variety of fun water spraying, squirting and dumping amusements for all ages.
Guests can rest assured that there is plenty of entertainment to be found in and around the estate of Benguela Cove.
Venue: R43, Botriver Lagoon, Walker Bay, Hermanus
Tel: 087 357 0637